Coastal Collage

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Beach House Beginnings and Our 6 Year Anniversary Sale

It's been a "little" while since I posted on The Beach House blog; and since the store is celebrating six years, I thought this was the perfect time to get back to it, tell you about the beach house beginnings and a sale to celebrate our anniversary!

I think my story is the same as a lot of women.  I worked for 19 years at one of the big banks.  A few years after having my son, I went part-time and had terrific hours so I could spend time with him.  Then the lay offs began.  In the meantime, we have bought a mobile home/trailer down the Delaware beaches.  Let's just say my "beach house" was not nearly as quaint as the vintage Airstream trailers - he, he.  The first thing to go was the "No Trespassing" sign the previous owners had nailed to one of the trees in the front yard, then followed up with a lot of scrubbing and a lot of white paint.  But that's a story (and pictures) for another time.  So, I was in search of beach decor for my "beach house" but couldn't find anything I liked.  I wanted beach decor with a vintage or cottage feel.

Then the idea to open an online store.  It was now or never and it seemed to be the right time.  After all, I was out of a job, I'd have the flexibility to spend time with my son and I really enjoyed decorating a home.  So there you have it J. There's been challenges; some I've really enjoyed; but all rewarding even if I didn't see it at the time.  At the risk of getting too sentimental, the best part has been sharing the love of all things beachy with all of you.  Thank you (from the bottom of my flip flops) for your business and your likes.  And now, Part I of our anniversary celebration:  



 *Coupon may not be applied to previous purchases or combined with any other promotion.  Excludes Designer Table Lamps and The Beach House LLC gift certificates.


Part II is coming to facebook...and enjoy shopping!


Warmly,
      

No comments:

Post a Comment